Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 North Florida Invitational

The 2013 North Florida Invitational was held on an absolutely beautiful spring day at the University of North Florida.  What a contrast to the unfortunate weather the previous weekend that caused the early cancellation of the FSU Relays.  The North Florida Invitational was shortened to a single day schedule... a good move in my mind.  I wish more meets would get condensed.  That's one problem with shooting track.  What other sport has games that last for days? (OK, so I don't shoot Cricket)

On to some pictures.  I guess we'll get the exciting stuff out of the way first.  We had a surprise athlete show up... Christian Taylor, 2012 Olympic Triple Jumper.  I posted about Christian last year when he qualified for the Olympics.  Surprisingly, he didn't jump at this meet, although he was announced at the start of the triple jump.  Instead, he ran the 200M Dash and finished in the top three against some pretty stiff competition.


The winning time was logged by Michael Mathieu of the Bahamas who ran the second fastest 200M in the world so far this year.  Fast!


And the third place finisher in the 200M, Jamial Rolle, was the first place finisher in the 100M.  Jamial's looking pretty chiseled...


Of course, my favorite running event, the high hurdles had its share of serious runners too.  Here are Desmond Wallace, Dennis Bain and Donta Young neck and neck with three hurdles to go.


Here's Justin Owumi of Colby.  Justin looks like he's been working out too.


I always enjoy those reflective glasses pics with the lanes reflecting in them during a race.  This fella obliged me with a few neat reflections shots...


I'm a sucker for good color combinations in uniforms.  I really liked these guys from Limestone College, although I must confess, I've never heard of them before.  They looked like they had fun.



See much more of the North Florida Invitational here:

2013 North Florida Invitational


See much more at wlpearce.com where it's all about the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment